A new hotel is under construction at Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort that has temporarily eliminated most surface parking at the Symposium venue. As a result of construction, we have worked with the Grand Sandestin to develop a plan for arrival and parking.
- All attendees staying on site will have a parking spot in the garage underneath the Grand Sandestin hotel. You will receive a separate email with specific arrival instructions. If you have not received a separate email by April 12, please contact us.
- All attendees, whether commuting or staying on site, should plan an additional 30 minutes for arrival. Attendees commuting to the event should plan on arriving no later than 8 a.m. on Wednesday to ensure they are seated in the ballroom for opening remarks at 8:30 a.m.; an earlier arrival is recommended for those who would like to participate in the breakfast buffet which opens at 7:30 a.m.
Attendees driving back and forth each day:
- All attendees not staying on site and commuting in will need to park in designated surface lots. There will be signage and directions upon entrance of Sandestin indicating which lot to drive to based on lot capacity. They will be filled in numeric order.
- Lots 1 & 2 are within walking distance, but there will also be trams at each lot to transport any guests who would prefer not to walk.
- Trams will run to and from the Grand Sandestin and the lots until 11 p.m. on Wednesday evening.
Attendees checking into the hotel on Tuesday:
- Upon arrival at the Grand Sandestin, please enter the underground parking garage and enter the code provided to you in your email. You must print your parking pass that was in your email and display it in your vehicle. We strongly encourage you to park in the parking garages affiliated with the Village of Baytowne Wharf and Grand Sandestin accommodations. There is ample parking in both areas for this.
- Check in will be at the Grand Sandestin until 8 p.m. on Tuesday night. Those arriving after 8 p.m. will need to check in at the welcome center immediately to the right upon entering the main gate.
Attendees checking into the hotel on Wednesday:
- Given the high-traffic flow in front of the Grand Sandestin with our commuter trams, we are asking all guests checking into the hotel on Wednesday to park in the underground garage immediately below the Grand Sandestin upon arrival. You will need to enter the code provided to you in your email. You must print your parking pass that was in your email and display it in your vehicle.